Windows Embedded CE End of Life Support & Migration Services
Microsoft is ending software support for the Windows embedded OS from 2018, with key dates as follows:
- 10 June 2018: End of life for Windows Embedded CE 6.0
- 9 June 2019: End of life for Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld
- 4 January 2020: End of life for Windows Embedded 6.5 Handheld
Our embedded electronics design team at ByteSnap Design can advise on your options, and answer those all-important questions, including:
- What is scale of the migration?
- Which OS best matches your requirements?
- Do you really need to switch everything now?
Get in touch on 0121 222 5433 to discuss how we can help you make the move from Windows Embedded as smooth as possible.
ByteSnap can help you migrate Windows Embedded
to Linux or Android
We have deep knowledge of both Windows Embedded, Embedded Linux and Android OS and can evaluate your current software and apps to determine the best strategy to migrate from one platform to another.
The ByteSnap team will provide an honest appraisal, helping you make informed choices when considering a move to Android devices, single-purpose embedded devices with the benefits of Embedded Linux or another platform such as iOS.
We have a wide range of application experience, including:
- Logistics tracking applications
- Stock control applications
- Event and mission logging.
- Real time server communications
- Uploading of collected data
- Download of tasks and job information
- Application updates
- Background server communications
- Offline store and forward of collected data when working offline
- Job downloading to reduce the need for always connected
- Locking down of platforms to stop access outside of the running application
- Graphics integration from graphics designers
“ByteSnap definitely the right choice – we’ve had a great experience working with ByteSnap. From our initial meeting with them we were impressed with their knowledge and professionalism, and their input helped shape our final solution.
Throughout the whole project, ByteSnap were attentive and flexible to our needs, even when this involved potentially deviating from initial requirements.
The development and testing stage was very smooth, and we really were impressed with how efficiently ByteSnap developed changes and fixed issues during testing.
ByteSnap were definitely the right choice for us for this project, and we look forward to working with them again in the near future.”
Gurpreet Bolla – Business Systems Analyst, Hyundai Motor UK Ltd
Want to explore how we can help with your mobile enterprise apps?